Pros : Good with 25mm wide angle, Effective optical image stabilizer, Good panorama mode, Good image quality in video mode
Cons : Not a handle or grip support, Hardly manual settings
Easier digital cameras find it increasingly difficult to find buyers since the advent of the smartphone trends. Therefore, you must shine with special features that they stand out from the small ” all-rounder mobile phones. ” This Nikon Coolpix S6500 is on the to an optical 12x zoom with a small image equivalent focal length from 25 to 300 millimeters.
Despite this quite large focal length range, the digital camera measure in the off state at depth was only 2.6 cm. But the compact dimensions mean it of course, that the intensity of the 12x zoom is not particularly high fails. Here you have to press F3.1 in wide and F6.5 content in the telephoto range. The CMOS image sensor used is the typical size of 1/2.3 inches and can be set between ISO 125 and ISO 3200. An optical VR image stabilization to reduce camera shake-free hand by moving lenses in the lens. For image viewing and image, control has the Nikon Coolpix S6500 a permanently installed, 3.0-inch LCD display with 460,000 sub-pixels.
In video recording Full, HD video (1920 x 1080 pixels) is possible at 30 frames per second. A stereo microphone is responsible for the sound recording. Semi-automatics or manual exposure mode does not have the Nikon Coolpix S6500, instead there are a full-automatic and design and different scenes programs, and creative effects.
Photos inserted the 9.5 x 5.8 x 2.6 inches large and with battery and memory card 151 grams Nikon Coolpix S6500 onto SD memory cards. Wireless data transmission is possible via the integrated WLAN module.
Key features of the Nikon Coolpix S6500
- Megapixel (effective): 15.9 megapixels.
- Sensor type and size: CMOS, 1/2, 3 inches.
- Picture Format: JPEG.
- Video Resolution: 1,920 x 1,080 pixels.
- Video frequency: 30 frames per second.
- Memory Card: SD, SDHC, SDXC.
- Battery Power: 700 mAh, enough for 150 frames per CIPA.
- Zoom optical / digital: 12.0 times / 4.0 times.
- Focal Length (KB): 25mm to 300mm.
- Aperture (f / t): 3.1 / 6.5.
- Display Size: 3.0 inches.
- Display Resolution: 460,000 pixels.
- Optical Image Stabilization: Yes.
- ISO Sensitivity: 125, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200.
- Weight: 151g (ready).
The technical features of the Nikon Coolpix S6500
- Nikon Coolpix S6500 sets for image recording on a 1/2, 3-inch CMOS sensor with 15.9 megapixel resolution sensor and a sensitivity range of ISO 125 to ISO 3200.
- As a Nikon lens installed a 12x zoom with a small image equivalent focal length from 25 to 300 millimeters. With F3.1 to F6.5, the light intensity falls from this meager. Freehand camera shake to reduce an optical VR image stabilization.
- The LCD display has 460,000 pixels on at a size of 3.0 inches. Since it is permanently installed, it cannot be turned or swiveled. But the possible viewing angles are unfortunately small.
- At maximum focal length, the Nikon Coolpix S6500 is as shown here, it takes off only 2.6 inches in depth to complete.
- On the top of the Nikon Coolpix S6500. Here you will find only the power switch and the combined photo-timer and zoom controls.
- Five buttons and a directional pad has to offer back. Additionally, you can select among other photo programs, or exposure compensation can be adjusted. The buttons are quite large and can be used well.
- 151g with the Nikon Coolpix S6500 is easy from a digital camera with a 12x zoom. It not too long ago brought these weight cameras with 3x zoom on the scale.
- Only small drops from the flash of the Nikon Coolpix S6500, it is also close to the lens. Nevertheless, it can illuminate the image even in wide angle without vignetting.
- The battery of the type ” EN-EL19 ” has a capacity of 700 mAh, it is loaded via the USB port of the camera. The storage medium SD-/SDHC- and SDXC Memory Cards can be used. Here is a SanDisk Extreme Pro 64 GB (SDXC UHS-1 Class 10, 95 MB/s). Even large memory cards are preparing the Nikon Coolpix S6500 no problems whatsoever.
- In addition to micro-USB and micro-HDMI port, the Nikon Coolpix S6500 has a wireless module for wireless data transmission.
Nikon Coolpix S6500 – Our Reviews
Small and chic, the camera body of the Nikon Coolpix S6500 falls out, which gives a higher-quality impression despite beginner’s class. The casing is very flat and attaches to the ” thickest ” location just 2.6 cm. Thus, the Nikon Coolpix S6500 fits easily into smaller pants and jacket pockets, making them ideal for use as ” Forever In Camera “. When the keys just show the on-off switch as something “stubborn”, the other controls fall of acceptable size and can be well served. Since the digital camera offers relatively few options and most photographers probably should be operated fully automatically, the small number of keys is not really negative. Some parameters can be reached directly to the ISO. Something far outside of the housing of the video camera shutter button was positioned by some of the more difficult one-handed operation. A handle or a tack surface does not have the Nikon Coolpix S6500 unfortunately. Since it weighs only 151g, but it is still acceptable in the hand.
The menus drop out as with most compact models of the Coolpix series with the Nikon Coolpix S6500. Both the photographs and the video and the system options to achieve each have their own tab. Thus, each user should quickly become familiar. The only relatively few – but completely adequate for this class of a camera – options also provide a good overview.
The autofocus focuses on contrast detection with 99 focus points. In addition to manual AF point, selection can be focused only on the center of the image also optional. Additionally, you can recognize faces and track designs, in addition, a target detection AF can be used. Real macro shots can be described by the 8cm MOD hardly create the concept of close fits better here.
Videos from the Nikon Coolpix S6500 in full HD resolution added (1,920 x 1,080 pixels) at 30 frames per second. For HD and SD resolution also some other frame rates are adjustable. Lapse (2x) – and slow-motion video (0.5 x) can record themselves as well. The storage of the video is using H.264 encoding, and about 18 Mbit / s, which corresponds to a data set of about 135 MB per minute. The picture quality of the video footage is a good, even finer detail to be resolved. For zooms are also showing a slight jerk, ” wiggle ” the corners something strange. Slightly longer takes the autofocus to focus time, he also easily pumped back and forth. With our three sample videos, you can get an idea of the qualities of the compact video camera itself.
The flash of the Nikon Coolpix S6500 falls because of its small size, of course, only relatively weak in, but he is far enough away from the lens to allow the wide-angle shading-free image.
As interfaces offer the Nikon Coolpix S6500 a micro USB and a micro-HDMI port. Thus, the compact camera can be connected to a computer and images as well as videos can be viewed on an external monitor. WLAN wireless data transmission and remote control of the digital camera are additionally possible. For this, the app ” Wireless Mobile Utility ” must be used. This is available for free for iOS and Android.
Nikon Coolpix S6500 – Conclusion
The Nikon Coolpix S6500 is a small compact camera, despite the entry-level class not only provides beginners performance. The 12x zoom covers 25 to 300 millimeters (KB-equivalent) from the main focal range, coincides with F3 to F6 1, 5, of course, but only faint from. Also, the image quality could be slightly better in the corners. Liked the dimensions: The camera is very compact and fits easily into any pocket. A good impression despite beginner’s class also leaves the metal housing. The image quality of the Nikon Coolpix S6500 compact camera moves on the average level, which is a good result for its price range and size. At the speed, they can keep up with higher-quality models as well, both the shutter lag and the time between shots is afloat. Predicate: Snapshot suitability.
The fact that, despite the good performance in image quality and speed is only an entry-level digital camera, with the program selection is clear. Only one automatic program is available, manual options are few. Instead, the Nikon Coolpix S6500 has a lot of scene programs, Filter Effects and a special smart portrait mode. For the target group of these options are in general adequate, but more ambitious photographers are not satisfied. Use the Nikon Coolpix S6500 is easy and relatively comfortable, even beginners will find their way quickly. The video recording provides an acceptable image quality for one or the other video. The strange Bildruckler when zooming to make for demanding video but less interesting. In this price range rarely found is the wireless functionality that allows addition of wireless image transmission.
The Nikon Coolpix S6500 is a solid entry level camera. Who wants to get as many features for the money, but has only a small budget, can – as long as no manual or semi-automatic photo programs are needed – access to the Nikon Coolpix S6500.
Where to Buy Nikon Coolpix S6500?
From United Kingdom Sellers
From United States Sellers